Rat Race City To Summit: Early Entry Closes Soon
Enter the Rat Race City To Summit before the end of April to save cash and get a free 6 month Triathlon Plus subscription.
The Rat Race City to Summit event takes place on 1 and 2 June and if you get your entry in before 1 May, you can save up to £40 on entry. All entrants also receive a FREE 6 month subscription to Triathlon Plus – TriRadar.com’s sister magazine.
The Rat Race City To Summit event is a gruelling test only for the fittest athletes looking to test themselves over one of the world’s hardest multi sport races.
The race begins with a 3.8km swim held under the famous Forth Bridges of picturesque South Queensferry. The swim takes place alongside woodland backed beaches and under the towering Forth Road and Rail Bridges. A sea swim in a tidal Estuary (The Firth of Forth), expect choppy water to add to the difficulty of this, the only flat portion of the race.
The 181km bike ride that follows is a stunning ascent into the Scottish Highlands. Riders begin by cycling over the Forth Road Bridge and into the Kingdom of Fife, where open roads take competitors through beautiful Perthshire, Glen Devon and Gleneagles and into the magical Highlands with towering mountains and sparkling lochs, the incredible scenery a welcome distraction from the 2500m of climbing to Glencoe, Loch Leven and T2 at the Isles of Glencoe Hotel.
The marathon is certainly one of the toughest out there, scaling Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain. The route features 2400m of ascending before the technical descent back to the finish line.
The event can be taken on either in a single day, over the 1 and 2 of June or as an Iron-duathlon for those who’ve not yet found their sea legs.
Rat Race Entrants get:
- A FREE 6 month subscription to Triathlon Plus magazine
- Iron Distance Journey through Scotland’s most dramatic landscapes.
- Rat Race Membership worth £7.50
- Special edition Tech Tee worth £15
- Fully waymarked course
- Post-event pictures with your finish time
- No fee for changing participant’s details pre event
- Free half-way camping with hot showers, real ale bar and food available for Challengers
- Free bag transfer for all participants
- Music, live MC, food and drink at the finish
- High Quality Medal for all finishers
- Electronic timing with full stage splits
- Full mountain run safety cover and sea swim safety cover
Find out more at http://www.ratracecitytosummit.com
Log your training for free at the TriRadar.com Training Zone.