Zone3 to unveil new Victory D Wetsuit at The Triathlon Show.
British brand Zone3 is looking forward to a fantastic season ahead. They have lots of exciting new developments including their new distance focused wetsuit which is being unveiled at the TCR show this weekend. See the below video for a sneak preview:
This suit has benefitted from research undertaken during the development of their limited edition MMXII suit (£1000) which was designed to celebrate the London Olympics. The “D” represents distance and is Zone3’s answer to the surge in popularity of long distance swimming and Ironman racing.
The name “VICTORY” comes not from Victory over your sporting peers but Victory of the challenge you set yourself in sport, Victory over the tasks you undertake, Victory over the mental challenges every sportsperson faces.
Understanding this, the design team at Zone3 have worked tirelessly to make sure that their new top level suit offers uncompromising comfort, optimum body position and speed in the water. The suit uses the latest fabrics and innovative technologies, and of course includes a bit of the old Zone3 flair with the gold paintwork!
The Victory D is the culmination of seven years of passion for open water swimming and wetsuit technology. The key specifications include:
1. Use of YAMAMOTO SCS 40 AND 45, which are currently the most advanced neoprene fabrics available in terms of flexibility and weight.
2. AERODOME panels located in the hip and upper leg compartments which give 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene.
3. 5mm CENTRAL CHEST PANEL utilising a roll-bar system helping to increase the stroke distance of the swimmer. Balancing the buoyancy of the suit, and aiding body warmth when swimming over distance.
4. UPPER PANEL SYSTEM using ultimate 1.5mm and 2mm neoprene fabric around the shoulder girdle arms and back ensuring maximum flexibility.
5. LOWER PANEL SYSTEM using 5mm thick neoprene with our 5mm AERODOME panel tech around the hip and leg compartments.
6. LOW CUT neckline for a more comfortable fit
7. TITANIUM lined inner fabrics to improve thermal properties and maintain blood circulation in the legs.
8. Zone3’s silicone coated PRO-SPEED cuffs for rapid transitions after the swim.
9. BREAKAWAY reverse zip for snap-quick ease of removal.