Ironman Triathlon Training Plans
These exclusive free Ironman triathlon training plans will help you race better and faster in your next long-course triathlon event
Ironman triathlons aren’t just tough races to compete in, they’re also incredibly challenging to train for. You’ll need consistency and structure in your training and our Ironman training plans will help your with this.
To help you get the most from your training time, we’ve divided our Ironman triathlon training plans into time rich and time poor sections or given existing fitness levels needed to undertake the plans.
Click on the links below to download the plans to your computer.
See more triathlon training plans on TriRadar including our Ironman triathlon training plans, Ironman 70.3 training plans, Olympic-distance training plans, sprint triathlon training plans, winter training plans or duathlon training plans to cover every triathlon distance.
First Ironman Triathlon Training Plan
This beginner training plan will get you Ironman-race-ready in just 12 weeks. View the My First Ironman plan.
- Weeks: 12
- Time: 6-11 hours / 7-15 hours
- Existing fitness: Swim 400m non-stop, bike 2:30 non-stop, run 1 hour non-stop
- Author: Phil Mosley – Triathlon Plus and TriRadar coaching editor and elite athlete
Conquer The Ironman Triathlon Training Plan
Tackle triathlon’s toughest challenge with this Ironman training plan to get you up to race fitness. View the Conquer The Ironman plan.
- Weeks: 12
- Time: 12 hours / 15 hours
- Existing fitness: Swim 2.5km non-stop, ride 70 miles non-stop, run 16 miles non-stop
- Author: Martin Yelling – Triathlon coach, former international duathlete and Hawaii Ironman finisher
Build Your Ironman Foundation Training Plan
Use this Ironman training plan to build the endurance and strength you’ll need on race day. View the Build Your Ironman Foundation plan.
- Weeks: 12
- Time: 8-10 hours / 10-14 hours
- Existing fitness: Swim 2km non-stop, bike 2 hours non-stop, run 1 hour non-stop
- Author: Phil Mosley - Triathlon Plus and TriRadar coaching editor and elite athlete
on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 at 8:06 am under Cycling, Running, Swimming, Training Plans, Triathlon Training.
You can subscribe to comments.
Comments are closed.
Tags: Ironman, Ironman Hawaii, Ironman World Championship, Kona, Triathlon Plus Magazine, Triathlon Training, Triathlon Training Plans