12 reasons to enter Challenge Henley from the organisers.
Entries for the 2013 Challenge Henley and Henley Half close at midnight on August 12th. That means you’ve got just twelve days to get your entries in. And if you’re still umming and ahhing about it all let us help you out with our definitive list of twelve good reasons to enter Challenge Henley (and definitely check out number twelve!):
1. It is the fastest pound-for-pound Ironman distance race in the UK. That makes it the perfect place to hit a middle or long distance PB.
2. It is the prettiest race in the UK. Okay, we know that we’re a bit biased about that but come on: the classic English town, the meandering Thames, the rolling Chiltern Hills, quiet (closed) country roads… you get the picture.
3. It’s ridiculously easy to get to. Just 40 minutes from Heathrow airport, less than an hour from London, 90 minutes from Birmingham, Bristol and Cambridge – it’s the most accessible race in the UK.
4. You don’t have to worry about the swim. For starters it follows the course of the Henley Royal Regatta. The race starts in waves (so it doesn’t get horribly crowded), if you’re new to the sport it’s easy to find some shallower water, and – most importantly – it’s really fast!
5. The bike is a beauty! Closed roads, stunning countryside and some lightning-quick sections, it’s everything you could look for in a cycle course.
6. Everyone loves the run in Henley. It’s flat, it’s pretty and it’s perfect for spectators. Expect thousands of ‘fans’ to line the course as you finish your race in style!
7. You can enjoy a good post-race party! There are tons of great restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes around Henley that are buzzing on race day! The punters will cheer you on while you race and you can join them once you’re done!
8. It’s so good people come back for more. Don’t just take our word for it. Stephen & Bella Bayliss, Yvette Grice, Joel Jameson, Nicholas Ward Munoz, Graham Bell… they’re all back again this year – as are hundreds of age groupers.
9. It’s because of the team! We love triathlon and we do everything we can to make your day utterly memorable. Ask anyone – Challenge Henley is the friendliest race in the UK!
10. There’s something for all the family. Triathlon is almost as tiring for the spectators as it is for the competitors. In Henley there’s loads to see and do – not to mention eat and drink (see point 7: post-race party) – making it the most spectator friendly course in the UK.
11. It’s the perfect way to sign off your middle- or long-course season! Had a great race and feel ready to go again? Races haven’t gone to plan? Feel like you’re ready to give it a go? This is the place to finish your 2013 race schedule!
12. For the last twelve days we’re having a bumper sale on entries to the full! Just enter the promotional code ROTH2013 on the entry form and you will get entry to the Full for £299 and entry to the Full Relay for £399. Amazing!
So what are you waiting for? Visit www.challengehenley.com and enter now – remember, we have to close entries on August 12th!!!
Log your training for free at the TriRadar.com Training Zone.