Tri4Japan will launch a major sports and triathlon charity auction on eBay beginning on Sunday evening (31st July from 19:00 BST) with over 50 items being auctioned for this great cause.
The charity established by Mike and Rieko Trees to help ease the suffering of the people of Kamaishi, a town devastated by the March Tsunami and earthquake, has gathered the support of some of triathlon’s biggest names. The items in the auction will be available to view and bid on from 19:00 BST on Sunday night at: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/tri4japan/m.html or can be viewed now on the Tri4Japan website at: http://www.tri4japan.com/auction/
The auction sees a mixture of donated items ranging from Tri4Japan t shirts and posters signed by triple Ironman World Champion Chrissie Wellington up to high modulus carbon bike frames and top-end wetsuits as well as some fantastic World Champion and celebrity autographed collectables.
Competitive brands have come together to support Trees’ charity with generous donations of brand new items as well as limited edition and signed items from their sponsored elite athletes.
A selection of items in the auction include:
- A collection of Olympic memorabilia from Speedo including a swimskin signed by 2008 Olympic Athletes including Michael Phelps, (eight times Gold Olympic Medallist Beijing) Rebecca Adlington, (Double Olympic Gold medallist, Beijing) Steph Rice, (three times Gold medallist, Beijing) Bronte Barratt (Olympic Gold medallist) and Liam Tancock (double commonwealth Games gold medallist.)
- A pair of Adidas Supernova Sequence shoes signed by Alistair Brownlee
- A pair of Brooks T7 race shoes signed by Chrissie Wellington as well as Chrissie’s own TYR tankini signed by Chrissie
- Signed wetsuit used by actor Robson Green in his Wild Swimming Adventure ITV series
- Two pairs of Newton Running shoes & a visor signed by Zola Pieterse (née Zola Budd)
- Two entries to Ironman Wales in September
- Two Ceepo high modulus carbon bike frames
- A year’s supply of GU Energy Gels (365 mixed flavour gels)
- Over 20 new triathlon wetsuits from leading brands including 2XU, Orca, blueseventy and Zone Three
- Two-time Ironman World Champion Craig Alexander special edition replica race kits
Trees, founder of Tri4Japan and ex professional triathlete said “We’ve had an amazing response from triathlon brands and athletes to provide items for our charity auction and hope to raise thousands of pounds towards our donation total. Seeing competitive brands putting aside their differences and generously donating items to us has been incredible”.
Trees and his wife Rieko visited Kamaishi in April and witnessed at first hand the devastation the Tsunami and earthquake (http://www.tri4japan.com/2011/07/14/mike-and-rieko-visit-kamaishi-video-updat/) and will go back again in October to identify projects to support with funds raised by their charity.
The auction begins at 19:00 BST on Sunday 31 July on eBay and you can find out about each individual auction item now on the Tri4Japan website at: http://www.tri4japan.com/auction/
Keep up-to-date with news on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/TriforJapan