Xtra Mile Events has announced details of their 2014 race calendar, all now open for registration
Based in Cheshire, Xtra Mile Events organise high profile triathlons, duathlons and running events across the North West of England and Wales, including the ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon in Trafford and the ASICS Oulton Park Half Marathon & 10K.
Over 5,500 athletes are due to take part in the triathlons and duathlons in 2014, 3,000 runners in the ASICS Oulton Park Half Marathon & 10K and 10,000 runners in the ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon in Trafford.
The confirmed events and dates for 2014 are as follows:
- ASICS Oulton Park Half Marathon & 10K: 23/02/2014
- Oulton Park Spring Duathlon: 16/03/2014
- ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon: 06/04/2014
- Wilmslow Triathlon: 11/05/2014
- Rhyl Triathlon: 08/06/2014
- Buxton Triathlon: 22/06/2014
- Ffit ConwyLlandudno Sea Triathlon: 29/06/2014
- Leeds Xpress Triathlon: 27/07/2014
- Macclesfield Triathlon: 03/08/2014
- The Eirias Middle & Standard
Distance Triathlon: 09/08/2014
- Leeds Triathlon: 14/09/2014
- South Manchester Triathlon: 28/09/2014
- Oulton Park Autumn Duathlon: 12/10/2014
Xtra Mile Events have teased that they will also be launching a triathlon in an iconic location shortly.
Race Director and Co-Founder Simon Hill said. “Xtra Mile Events is going from strength to strength and I am pleased that our events calendar for 2014 looks so strong. We offer events that appeal to athletes of all levels, and over the years we have given lots of people the opportunity to give triathlon a try and we have recruited hundreds of new athletes to the sport, many of who are now dedicated triathletes and keep supporting our events.”
He added. “I would like to thank everyone who has been supporting Xtra Mile Events and who has helped us grow and develop over the last five years, and myself and the team look forward to the 2014 season.”
The organisers have confirmed that they are also introducing women’s only waves at all triathlons and duathlons in 2014, and all pool-based triathlons will have the option of a ‘Mates Wave’ giving participants the opportunity to swim and race in the same wave as their friends.
Registration to all Xtra Mile Events is open and the 2014 season will kick off with the brand new ASICS Oulton Park Half Marathon & 10K on 23 February.
For more details visit www.xtramileevents.com.