Today, International Women’s Day, marks the start of a special week-long program of Zwift Women’s Week Rides to celebrate and encourage our women’s community.
The program will include social rides, workouts, and races:
- Today will see a full program of women’s rides throughout the day, led by and featuring pros (CANYON//SRAM, Colavita/Bianchi) and industry ambassadors (Rapha, Trek, Vanderkitten), as well as Zwift ambassadors and employees.
- The aim for today’s events: Break the Record for Most Women Riders in Day (current record: 2934 on Feb 7th, 2017)
- There will be the launch of new Women’s Only Event feature in-game.
- There will be the unveiling of a Zwift Women’s Week special edition in-game women’s kit that is ridden in all Zwift Women’s Week rides. All participants unlock the kit for future use.
- Zwift will release the 1st Academy Video following 2017 Zwift Academy Champion Leah Thorvilson’s recent trip to Belgium for her first race as a pro with her CANYON//SRAM teammates.
- Races will be broadcast live on the Zwift Facebook Page.
- CONFIRMED: 3X Olympic Gold Medallist Kristin Armstrong will take part in a ride/interview as part of Wednesday’s program. Wednesday at 15.15GMT
- There will be daily Facebook giveaways as part of a Zwift Women’s Week social media campaign.
- Every rider that participates in at least 1 Zwift Women’s Week event will be eligible to win a series of prizes from our partners, pro teams and Zwift.