Short on time and energy? This five minute fuel is a perfect example of triathlon nutrition and tastes amazing. With a good balance of protein and carbohydrate, this hearty sarnie is perfect to kick-start your recovery after a tough session.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, grilled
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- knob of butter
- ¼ avocado
- Lemon juice
- 2 slices prosciutto
- Handful of watercress
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Serves 1
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Per serving: 502 kcal, carbs 40g, protein 43g, fat 19g
1. Place ¼ avocado and a squeeze of lemon juice in a bowl and mush it all up with a fork.
2. When you’ve finished, spread this tasty new mush, and the butter, on the bread.
3. Next, slice the chicken and remove the fat from the prosciutto.
4. Place this on top of the avocado along with the tomato and, if you’re in need of greens, a few stems of watercress.
Recipe and image courtesy of Love Chicken (greatbritishchicken.co.uk).