As it’s National Vegetarian Week, we thought we’d share this healthy and nutritious recipe from Waitrose…
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into very small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small aubergine, diced
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- 125g sundried tomato paste
- 250g pack Spelt, Quinoa, Red Rice and Wild Rice
- Roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
1. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender, then drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and fry the aubergine for 4 minutes. Add the almonds, tomato paste and cauliflower with the reserved cooking liquid and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Cook the mixed grain pouch according to pack instructions, stir into the cauliflower and season to taste. Scatter with chopped parsley, if using.