Warm up after a long ride with this protein-packed soup.
- 3 medium potatoes, total weight about 450g
- 1 carrot, sliced or chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 450g British turkey steaks, cut into small pieces
- 25g plain flour
- 700ml chicken stock
- 100g sweetcorn kernels
- 100g frozen peas
- 300ml double cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 50 minutes of fuel
- Serves 4
- Preparation and cooking time: 35 mins
- Per serving: 717kcal, carbs 40.4g, protein 35.1g, fat 46.4g
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into small chunks. Cook with the carrot in a pan of boiling water until tender. Drain, move the carrots to one side, and mash one quarter of the potatoes, leaving the rest in chunks.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry over a low for five minutes. Stir in the carrot, celery and turkey and fry for a further five minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Mix the flour with a little of the stock until smooth and add to the pan with the rest of the stock and the mashed potatoes. Stir over the heat until smooth and thickened, then simmer for five minutes.
4. Stir in the sweetcorn, peas, double cream, potato chunks and seasoning and simmer for a further five minutes. Serve hot, garnished with the chopped parsley.
WORDS & IMAGE: britishturkey.co.uk