Are you looking to take triathlon to the next level in 2017? Whether it’s stepping up in distance, targeting a place on the GB age group team, or just going faster, Sportstest are here to help!
Since 2004 Sportstest has been helping runners, cyclists and triathletes to take a clearer approach to their training in order to boost their performance.
TriRadar has teamed up with Sportstest to offer one lucky athlete the opportunity of having a full triathlon fitness assessment with Dr Garry Palmer of Sportstest.
The lucky prize winner will benefit from a one-to-one appointment with Dr Garry Palmer, lasting approximately 5 hours at the Sportstest facility in the West Midlands, and is worth £330!
The prize will include:
- An assessment of your training history (to see where enhancements can be made).
- Full consideration of your triathlon specific goals.
- Assessment of your physical characteristics, to include accurate measurement of weight and body fat, and optimal (but sensible) targets for you to achieve your ideal race weight
- Provision of nutritional targets (where appropriate).
- Full running physiological assessment during both running and cycling, including assessment of your peak running speed, cycling peak power output and power to weight ratio, VO2max, maximum heart rate, endurance capacity, economy (submaximal efficiency) and threshold determination.
- Calculation of fuel utilisation at race intensities (if required).
- Provision of scientifically determined (not predicted) heart rate training zones, specific to running, and power and heart rate training zones for cycling.
- An individual tutorial on training programme design.
- Planning of training phases, specific to your needs, to help meet your performance goals.
- Plus, the chance to ask any training related queries you may have!
To find out how these tests can help you, whatever level you’re at in triathlon, please click here.
A Sportstest session with Dr Palmer will provide you with:
- Scientific clarity on your fitness strengths and weaknesses
- Accurately determined training zones for both cycling and running
- An overview training plan, and structured training week that is specific to your needs, targeted towards your goals and aims.
- offers best use of your time allowing you to train smarter and reduce the chances of illness, over training or injury.
In fact, everything you need to improve your performance in 2017!
For more information about the services offered by Sportstest, please visit the website.
This Competition Is Now Closed.